This unpleasant and even dangerous disease is considered the most popular pathology of the gastrointestinal tract among modern people. Often this is caused by a violation of the diet, but the wrong product itself can cause its development. Diet for gastric gastritis is as important as drug treatment, and sometimes it is the only way to normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract and prevent the disease from developing into a more dangerous and / or painful form.
What is gastritis?
Gastritis is an inflammatory process that develops in the gastric mucosa. Due to its improper function, the digestive process is disturbed, various negative effects develop, and the mucosa itself gradually becomes thinner.
The cause of this disease can be many different factors that are not alien to modern people who are always busy. Rushing while eating, taking and chewing hot or cold food, consumption of low-quality or dangerous food, fast, fatty, salty and smoked food in unlimited quantities, systematic eating disorders - all this can cause gastritis. In addition, an insufficient amount of protein and vitamins in food, long-term use of certain drugs, constant stress, smoking and excessive alcohol consumption without thinking are also risk factors.
Dietary rules for gastritis
Regular nutrition plays a big role in the treatment of this disease. It is very important to know the rules and follow all the subtleties of the diet for gastritis with high or low acidity, compiled by the doctor. There are some simple and clear rules you need to follow:
- All food must be chewed thoroughly, you should not swallow food in pieces.
- It is advisable to organize your daily routine and eat according to the clock. Ideally, food should be fractional, and portions should be small. It is better to eat 5-6 times, in portions of 200-250 grams, than three times 500-600.
- Between meals should be left 2. 5-3 hours and it is better to make the same interval, if possible.
- Food should always be warm, not hot or cold. The wrong temperature irritates the stomach wall, causing more inflammation.
- You should stop eating raw food. It is better when they have been treated with heat, even when it comes to vegetables and fruits.
In addition, it is very important that the product is always fresh; cooking for future use with gastritis is undesirable and even dangerous.
What can you eat with gastritis
- Stale bread, baked goods and pastries in general.
- Boiled, steamed, stewed or baked vegetables (without crust).
- Porridge from crushed grains in milk or water (rice, oats, semolina, buckwheat).
- Low fat type of fish.
- Lean meat and poultry without roasting (chicken, turkey, rabbit, veal).
- Non-acidic fruits, dishes from them (apples, bananas, pears).
- Low-fat milk and dairy products (up to 1. 5%).
- Vegetables and butter (no more than 20-30 grams per day).
- Pastillas, marshmallows.
- Natural honey (40-50 grams).
- Steamed eggs, as part of a meal or boiled (2 pieces per day).
It is very important for gastric to observe the correct drinking regimen. It is necessary to take 1. 5-2 liters of liquid every day, including juice, compote and even soup. It is allowed to drink mineral water with the appropriate composition recommended by the doctor.
What not to eat with gastritis
- Smoked meat and sausage.
- Sausages and sausages.
- Fatty meat and fish.
- Sour fruits and berries.
- Fresh vegetables that have not undergone heat treatment.
- Pickling and pickling.
- Fatty and sour dairy products.
- Barley, cereal, whole grains.
- Macaroni, pasta and vermicelli made from wheat flour.
- Fresh pastries and bread.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Hot spices and sauces.
- Coffee, tea, strong carbonated drinks.
Diet number 1 for gastritis: principles and sample menu
Such a nutritional system is recommended for people with acute gastritis. The same sparing regimen is also prescribed for those with stomach or duodenal ulcers. The principles and rules are the same as above. In addition, doctors advise reducing salt intake, because it not only retains fluid in the body, but also irritates the mucous membrane. The standard calorie content in this mode should not exceed 2800-3000 calories per day. Let's look at an example menu for the day, for a deeper understanding of this issue:
- Breakfast: rice porridge with milk, soft boiled egg, weak tea with milk.
- Snack: sweet apples baked with honey or sugar.
- Lunch: vegetable cream soup, steamed turkey meatballs or meatballs, mashed potatoes with milk, non-acidic fruit mousse.
- Snack: croutons, rosehip soup.
- Dinner: boiled vegetables allowed, fish from the allowed, baked with milk, weak tea with milk.
- Snack before bed: banana, milk.
Diet for chronic gastritis
When the disease develops into a chronic form, dietary restrictions become important for the patient. By following a diet, you can prevent acute attacks of this disease, significantly improving the quality of life. For different levels of acidity, the menu may be slightly different, so it is worth talking about each case separately.
Nutrition for chronic gastritis with low acidity
The stomach begins to produce an insufficient amount of hydrochloric acid, food is digested worse. The body cannot extract from it all the necessary nutrients and trace elements. Not only the mucous membrane of the organ itself, but also all our body systems can experience this.
Principles of diet
- It is better to take pureed, liquid and puréed meals.
- Acceptable use of acidic foods.
- During the remission period, you can eat food fried in a little oil.
- Food temperature can vary between + 15-60 ° C.
- The total calorie content of the daily diet should be within 2500-3000 calories.
Allowed and prohibited products
With gastritis with low acidity, the menu is not difficult to compile, because it includes a wide variety of products. The use of meat, sausages, sausages and sausages, pastries and bread, fish, vegetables and fruits, various grains is allowed. It is possible to include juices, compotes, kissels, soups, tea and coffee, milk and lactic acid products in the menu.
However, there are also limitations, for example, you need to avoid foods that are too fatty. It is undesirable to consume goose meat, pork, salmon, fried doughnuts, sweets with cream and sweets. Fermentation and flatulence cannot be activated from vegetables eaten, therefore it is better not to eat cabbage, beans, grapes, onions, garlic. In its pure form, milk is also not recommended, but as part of a meal or as an additive to tea or coffee, it will fit perfectly.
Nutrition for chronic gastritis with high acidity
With this type of disease, the stomach begins to produce an excessive amount of acid, which, as it were, "digests" the surrounding tissue, damaging the mucous membrane more and more. Therefore, the menu should be more economical than in the previous case.
Principles of diet
- No spicy food. Everything that can irritate the mucous membrane is immediately swept aside.
- Products must be exclusively low-fat.
- Fried food is completely excluded, all food should be boiled, steamed or baked.
- It is better to purify the product, wipe it before use.
- Meals should be made frequently and fractionally, and portions should be small.
- Daily salt intake can be increased to 8 grams.
- Daily calorie content should be in the range of 2200-2500 calories.
Allowed and prohibited products
The goal of the diet for such diseases is to make the menu as cheap as possible, but at the same time varied and nutritious. As in diet number 1, you need to eat only boiled, steamed and baked vegetables, and choose only non-acidic fruits. They also need to be boiled, and preferably mashed. The use of lean meat and fish is allowed, it is also desirable to grind them carefully.
Sour milk with increased acidity is prohibited, but dairy products must be present in the diet. Porridge is cooked lightly, skimmed if necessary, only weak meat broth is used for soup. It is better to refuse pickles, borscht, cabbage soup, okroshka and other sour dishes.
Diet for acute gastritis
Acute inflammation of the gastric mucosa can often be accompanied by severe pain and nausea. This phase requires immediate medical examination, lifestyle changes, and diet changes. On the first day, it is better to completely abandon solid food, even pureed food, limit yourself to drinking warm water or light tea.
On the second day, you can slowly take food from the diet list number 1. Then you can already prepare liquid, thick or creamy soup, mashed fish or low-fat meat, soft-boiled eggs. Fresh vegetables and fruits cannot be eaten, as well as other products from the prohibited list.
Diet for erosive gastritis
This type of gastritis is dangerous because of the formation of ulcers on the mucosa, which can soon turn into full ulcers. To stop the symptoms and minimize the negative consequences, you need to strictly follow the dietary rules:
- No fried, salted or smoked food, all dishes are simply boiled, steamed or baked without a crust.
- Fractional meals in small portions 5-6 times a day. The maximum weight of one serving is 170-180 grams.
- It is customary to drink a glass of warm water before eating.
- Sauces, hot spices, mayonnaise, dishes with flavor enhancers are completely excluded.
- Eat slowly, chewing each bite thoroughly.
- All food should be warm, not cold or hot.
The last meal should be set so that it remains 2 hours before bedtime.
Diet for atrophic gastritis
Nutrition for atrophic gastritis is the most important factor in the treatment process. Meals should be taken at the same time often. Otherwise, you need to follow the same recommendations that have been voiced for the power supply system table No. 1. You can take all the products from the allowed list and reject the prohibited products.
Food is eaten warm, pureed, steamed, boiled or baked. Fried and fatty, as well as sour, spicy and salty, are still prohibited. Tobacco and alcoholic beverages are considered the main enemies for all types of gastritis, so it is best to leave them forever so as not to cause an acute condition.